Yemen SWMENA Survey Details and Methodology - Yemen
- Fieldwork for the SWMENA Yemen survey was implemented between June 5, 2010 and June 26, 2010 by the Yemeni survey firm Yemen Polling Center (YPC).
- The survey is nationally representative: the sample size is 2,501; includes 1,993 women and 508 men. There is an oversample of women to allow for robust comparisons amongst women across ages, education levels, urban/rural residents, and other demographic segments. The smaller sample of men is mainly used to allow the gender disaggregation of the data.
- The margin of error for the women’s sample is ± 2.20% and the margin of error for the men’s sample is ± 4.35%.
- All respondents are aged 18 and above.
- The sample was allocated proportionally to the various regions of Yemen with a slight oversample of a number of small-population governorates to allow for regional comparisons. The survey data was weighted by age and governorate to bring the realized sample in line with the parameters of the Yemeni population aged 18 years and over.
- Illustrative data and key findings from the Yemen survey are shown in the Topic Brief Documents.