Media Use & Interest in Politics - Lebanon
- TV (including local and satellite) as well as word of mouth are the most frequently used information sources by Lebanese women (Figure 16).
- When comparing daily use of different information sources between men and women (Figure 17), we notice that men in general tend to use various media and information sources more frequently than women. Twice as many men than women read newspapers on a daily basis and almost twice as many listen to the radio and use the internet.
- The majority of women in Lebanon (55%) are very or somewhat interested in matters of politics and government (Figure 18). However, men show a higher interest in these matters than women (60% ).
- There is no important different in interest in politics between women from different sects .
- Women with at least some university education report a higher level of interest in matters of politics and government than those with a lower level of education.